Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Twistytree_79/Becky's post!

  1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?

Well, I am a novice knitter and have been doing that whenever I have time for about 6 or 7 months. I also dabble a bit in painting with acrylics and I enjoy pencil drawing. Other than that I do crafty things as they come along.

2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?

I’m a vegetarian and have been for about 6 years. I try to go vegan now and then but usually fall off the vegan wagon due to some form of cheese. Cheese is my nemesis. I am trying to get into the Peace Corps so it looks like I may have to start eating meat again soon which I am not looking forward to. But there are just some areas of the world that culturally and nutritionally you cannot be a vegetarian.

3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I have never done a swap before but it struck my curiosity so I am looking forward!

4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I’m a fan of the blues and greens. I like darker colors mostly. There really isn’t a color that I dislike. I’m not really a pink kind of girl though.

5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
Yeah unfortunately. I am allergic to any creature with hair, furr, or feathers, dust, dander, pollen, grass, weeds, trees, mold, mildew, and so on. Basically mother nature is trying to kill me.

6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
I have two cats: Potter and Fauna. Potter is a male black and white cat and Fauna is a tortie. Both are shorthaired and adorable.

7. Do you collect anything?
*cough cough* I collect the Naruto collectable card game cards. *cough cough* Yeah I know my nerd points just went up…

8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
Hmmm. I am not really a picky vegetarian. I hate beets. That’s about it. I love seitan, tempeh although I am terrible at cooking it, anything unique. I love almond milk. Mmmmm. I love seitan strips. I will try anything once so send me something new!!!

9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
Well, like I said there isn’t a lot of food that I dislike. I’m more of a sweet person than a salty person. I don’t like things that are really really chewy. I absolutely hate beets. I like food of just about every ethnicity but not too hot. I love asian food, greek food, middle eastern food, soul food (born and raised in the south), anything interesting like granny smith apples on my sandwiches, etc.

10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
I purge pretty often so I don’t have too little of anything. I could use a bag of some kind to put my knitting in. I can always use new paintbrushes and artist pencils. My knitting needle collection is tiny (newby) so I could use more of those too.

11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
I’m on the waiting list….

12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
Hmmmm. I love anime especially Naruto, Bleach, 12 Kingdoms, Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, etc. I am a huge environmentalist, I love the outdoors, I volunteer at a primate reserve, I love to read and I am always looking for good books. I enjoy scrabble, poker, and spades (the game not the tool). I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan.

13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I hate flowery scents and vanilla. I love eucalyptus, lavender, things that smell liked baked goods, citrus, clean crisp smells that aren’t overwhelming.

14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
I like the fall. Cool weather and such. I could care less about Halloween myself.

15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
Well I can’t think of one in particular, I just always remember that awesome feeling when the weather gets cooler and the nights get longer. I do recall how neat I thought it was when I moved from Florida to Colorado (when I was 15) and saw snow for the first time. I thought it was pretty cool that snow piled up on telephone and electric wires. That amuses me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay nerd points! Thanks for joining the swap!