Friday, August 24, 2007

Yarn Review Contest: Berrocco Love It


Berrocco Love It is a cotton-acrylic blend yarn (58% cotton/ 38% Acrylic/ 4% polyester) that has a nice amount of elasticity to it, making it a very comfortable yarn to work with. It comes in a wide variety of both solid and variegated colors. Each ball contains 1.75 oz/50 grams and measures out to 120 yards/110 meters of yarny goodness. The gauge, using size 8 US (5mm) needles is 18 stitches over 4". The yarn is machine washable but the tag suggests laying it flat to dry. I recently made Calorimetry from Knitty using this yarn and it's very soft and stretchy. I also didn't have any problems with the yarn splitting or doing anything else evil. The only downside to this yarn is that it's a little expensive, I got my one ball from a lys for $7.25. I'd love a sweater made from this yarn, but I just might be too cheap to buy all that yarn! Here's my finished Calorimetry, I used the "lawn" colorway.




1 comment:

Cass said...

OH YAY I love this yarn too!!!! I'm currently making a shawl for my mom with the Love It Color- BUT WOW I never thought of making a Calirometry with it!!! Thanks for the write up!