First of all, major thanks to Ellie for her patience with me this week! I was delinquent in posting these answers, and she's been gracious enough to allow me to stay in the swap. Thanks, Ellie!
Also, I don't have my own blog, so I'm posting my answers here:
1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
I am a knitter and a sewer. I’ve been sewing off and on since childhood, and I love to make clothes and decorative things for my apartment (like pillowcases, curtains, etc.). I also knew how to knit as a child, but I abandoned it until about five years ago when I started making scarves, hats, gloves, and now I’m making my first cardigan! I sometimes dabble in crochet, but usually just to make flowers for my knitted things.
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
I personally eat everything except seafood, but my best friend is vegan and I love the challenge of cooking well for him. I’m really into healthy-but-delicious eating, so I try to avoid butter and other animal fats at all costs. I also think it’s healthier if I don’t eat meat every day, so I’m always looking for great-tasting and healthy vegetarian meal ideas.
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I have done several swaps before. My creativity flows best when given some form of structure (like the swap theme and rules) and guidance (my partner’s profile), and I love tailoring packages to someone’s preferences. I also love seeing what others come up with based on their interpretation of the theme.
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
I love all colors except pastels. I have an autumn complexion and tend to look better in things in warm colors rather than cool ones, but pretty much any saturated color (non-pastel) is great.
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
Yes, I am slightly allergic to furry animals and really allergic to cigarette smoke.
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
I just have a feisty betta fish, so nothing that anyone would be allergic to.
7. Do you collect anything?
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
I love vegetable pasta dishes, especially with olive oil and garlic.
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I don’t do anything too spicy, although I’m working on getting better at that since I love Korean and Indian food. I don’t do sour at all, and I’m not big on desserts or things that are very sweet. I love fresh ingredients, and I don’t mind recipes that are a bit more complicated and time consuming, especially if it’s something I can freeze and eat as leftovers. I don’t do tofu, but I’m obsessed with soy in every other form (soymilk, edamame, etc.).
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
I have too many knitting needles (except 16” circulars), but I usually keep very little stock of sewing supplies around. I’m always happy for new and different yarns (I’ve banned myself from buying more until I use what I have, but swap-bot doesn’t count as cheating!). I also love new fabric for sewing.
11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
I’ve never heard of Ravelry, but I’m going to check it out now!
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
Just to get a better sense of “me”: my style/fashion sense tends toward elegant and vintage, but not too crazy. I love to wear skirts with vintage slips underneath and pretty jewelry, and I also love cute little silk scarves. My favorite fashion seasons are fall and winter because I love to wear trench coats and winter coats with a matching or coordinating scarf/hat set. To my partners: please feel free to e-mail me with any questions that might be helpful to you!
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
My favorite scents are vanilla and lavender. I don’t like musks or things that are overtly floral.
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
It matters not, please express your own creativity!
15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
I have always loved to go all out for costume occasions such as Halloween, meticulously creating and gathering all of the necessary wardrobe pieces and accessories to complete the look. As an example of my obsessiveness, when I was in elementary school I wanted to dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Everything had to look exactly like the movie, from the hairstyle, down to the size of the checkers on the jumper fabric and the size and placement of the buttons. And I’m still just this crazy when it comes to putting together Halloween costumes today!